Local Soliders Return Home | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Some local military families have a big reason to celebrate.
Close to twenty soldiers with the 27th Infantry Brigade returned home Tuesday night. The group arrived at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo to a warm welcome from family and friends.
The soldiers served in either Kuwait or Afghanistan. Many of them were in logistics or administrative roles.
There are still 125 soldiers in the brigade, serving overseas.
It is expected they will return home by the end of this month.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.