Local Soliders Return Home | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Some local military families have a big reason to celebrate.
Close to twenty soldiers with the 27th Infantry Brigade returned home Tuesday night. The group arrived at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo to a warm welcome from family and friends.
The soldiers served in either Kuwait or Afghanistan. Many of them were in logistics or administrative roles.
There are still 125 soldiers in the brigade, serving overseas.
It is expected they will return home by the end of this month.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight