Buffalo's Shoveling "Flash Mob" | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - With this week's snow and the addition of a couple inches Saturday, there are a handful of spots that need some cleaning up.
That's where this "flash mob" came in. A handful of folks came together to help shovel snow on the sidewalks after reading about it on The Good Neighborhood website.
They were at the corner of Grant and Lafayette today getting a workout. It's something the founder of the group says he wanted to do since last year, but mother nature didn't exactly cooperate until now.
"The sooner we get these sidewalks shoveled, the better. The fact is that some of the services haven't gotten here yet," said Seamus Gallivan. "That's what neighbors do - they take care of it themselves."
A true buffalo boy, Seamus says he enjoys being out in the snow and even shoveling.
This isn't the only place where they're putting out the call for shovelers. The group is planning to get together on Monday at noon for round two over at the Broadway Market.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Construction Continues on Riverworks Project
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public