27th Infantry Brigade Returns Home to Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - About 40 guardsmen are back home in Buffalo after an eight month deployment.
Family members were up bright and early Wednesday morning to greet the troops as they returned home to the Connecticut Street Armory.
Members from New York Army National Guard's 27th Infantry Brigade Combat Team were deployed in Kuwait since April.
The soldiers performed administration, logistical, and security missions during their deployment.
We're told other guardsmen throughout the State will be redeployed at the end of the month, but soldiers here in Buffalo have been told that there are no future plans for them to be redeployed.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lucky Player from Eden, N.Y. Wins $844,437 on Penny Machine at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo Appoints Two Directors
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Explore Buffalo Lists September Events; Special Tours will Focus on Art
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.