27th Infantry Brigade Returns Home to Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - About 40 guardsmen are back home in Buffalo after an eight month deployment.
Family members were up bright and early Wednesday morning to greet the troops as they returned home to the Connecticut Street Armory.
Members from New York Army National Guard's 27th Infantry Brigade Combat Team were deployed in Kuwait since April.
The soldiers performed administration, logistical, and security missions during their deployment.
We're told other guardsmen throughout the State will be redeployed at the end of the month, but soldiers here in Buffalo have been told that there are no future plans for them to be redeployed.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Construction Continues on Riverworks Project
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public