Buy Local Night in Buffalo's Grant-Ferry Business District | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The holidays are a time for family and friends, but it's also a time to shop til you drop!
With that in mind dozens of businesses and organizations located in Buffalo's Grant-Ferry Business District created what is now called, Peace, Love and Grant Street. It's a holiday shopping event designed to encourage people to shop, eat, and explore the area. Stores were open until 8:00 p.m. Many featured festive decorations, live music, and holiday specials.
"We want to sustain business here to create job opportunities and do business locally, we need good strong community districts within the residential areas and this is one of them," said Buffalo Common Councilmember David Rivera.
Some of the area's popular food trucks also took part in the event.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Construction Continues on Riverworks Project
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public