Buy Local Night in Buffalo's Grant-Ferry Business District | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The holidays are a time for family and friends, but it's also a time to shop til you drop!
With that in mind dozens of businesses and organizations located in Buffalo's Grant-Ferry Business District created what is now called, Peace, Love and Grant Street. It's a holiday shopping event designed to encourage people to shop, eat, and explore the area. Stores were open until 8:00 p.m. Many featured festive decorations, live music, and holiday specials.
"We want to sustain business here to create job opportunities and do business locally, we need good strong community districts within the residential areas and this is one of them," said Buffalo Common Councilmember David Rivera.
Some of the area's popular food trucks also took part in the event.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lucky Player from Eden, N.Y. Wins $844,437 on Penny Machine at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo Appoints Two Directors
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Explore Buffalo Lists September Events; Special Tours will Focus on Art
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.