Body Found Floating in Niagara River | News
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo Police are investigating the discovery of a body found floating in the Niagara River near the foot of Porter Avenue Wednesday morning.
The body was spotted by a Buffalo State College police officer. It was removed from the water by members of the Buffalo Police Underwater Recovery team.
Homicide detectives say the unidentified victim is a white male, possibly in his late 40s or early 50s.
An autopsy will be done to determine an exact cause of death.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lucky Player from Eden, N.Y. Wins $844,437 on Penny Machine at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo Appoints Two Directors
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Explore Buffalo Lists September Events; Special Tours will Focus on Art
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.