Gorton Street Family Displaced by Fire | News
Buffalo, N.Y. - An early morning fire has forced a Black Rock family to seek the assistance of the Red Cross.
The fire broke out just around 3 a.m. Sunday on the 100 block of Gorton Street.
Officials say the fire looks like it started on the first floor porch and then spread into the house.
Crews were seen on the first floor and second floor spraying water.
There were no reports of anyone getting hurt. Two adults and five children will be assisted by the Red Cross.
The fire is under investigation and is said to be suspicious.
Total damages from the fire are estimated to be around $75,000.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'