Investigative Post: Border Traffic in WNY | News
Buffalo, NY - Thinking of driving across the border anytime soon?
Investigative Post, the local non-profit watchdog group, found out when they started collecting data on our area border crossings.
Wonder which border crossing is busiest? Turns out, it is the Peace Bridge in Buffalo.
44% of people who cross the border do so at the Peace Bridge.
The Lewiston-Queenston bridge is second with 28% of the traffic.
While these numbers are close, Investigative post found a few more people cross into the USA at our area border crossings than go into Canada.
The numbers from 20-11 show 55% percent of traffic was into the U.S.
Investigative Post also found the busiest days at the border crossing are at the end of the week with most people crossing on Fridays.
Top Westside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act