Stepfather Arraigned in Death of Stepson | News
BUFFALO, NY-- A Buffalo man has been arraigned now in the death of his 10-year-old stepson.
Ali-Mohamad Mohamud appeared in court Tuesday morning.
Last week, a Grand Jury indicted him on a second degree murder charge in the death of his Abdifatah Mohamud.
The prosecution described the alleged incident while asking the judge to hold Mohamud without bail.
"It is alleged that the beating took place after the defendant secured the hands of Abdifatah together with an electrical cord and placed a sock in his mouth that was secured with duct tape."
The judge did decide to hold Mohamud without bail. Both sides are due back in court later this month.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author