Unknown Stories of WNY: The Rand Mansion | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - It is known as an institution of higher learning, Canisius High School. But the grand stone building didn't start out that way. It was built as a private residence, for one of the elite couples of Buffalo. However, the Rands never lived in it.
The couple died before the home's completion. Their children lived in it for a short time, before selling it out of grief. The home went from the Masons, to the City of Buffalo, to Canisius College, and finally to Canisius High School.
It is a well known building with a little-known past, making it one of the Unknown Stories of Millionaire's Row.
Top Westside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help